Entrepreneur Resources & Information
The following list includes links to organizations, programs, and reference articles for entrepreneurs. Please click the title to read more.
- NY Academy of Sciences
The NY Academy of Sciences sponsors a number of events and educational series focused on startups.
- NYC Bio Meetup
Sponsored by NYC Bio, their goal is to build a NYC biotech cluster.
- NYC Bioscience Incentives Guide
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC), March 2010
This guide provides information for bioscience companies in New York.
- Rural Business Investment Program (RBIP)
The Rural Business Investment Program (RBIP) promotes economic development and job creation among individuals and enterprises located in rural areas.
- Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
The Entrepreneurs College seminar series helps entrepreneurs focus their ideas and business strategies, build relationships, and access capital.
- Fora Financial
Fora Financial provides working capital solutions to small businesses across the country.
- "Influencer Marketing 101"
smepals allows you to explore and share ideas, plus offers resources and information to take the next step in your business venture.
This article offers strategies to help your startup gain broader exposure.
- "START-UP NY Application Processand Planning Considerations"
MedTech/Hiscock & Barclay Webinar, November 2013
- "New York Angels Step Up to Fund Local Biotech and Medtech Startups"
Xconomy New York, May 2011
- "Corporate Venture Capital is Roaring Back"
VentureBeat, May 2011
- "11 Startup Lessons From A Successful Female CEO"
OPEN Forum, April 2011
- "How to raise venture capital (without losing your soul)"
CNNMoney.com, December 2010
- "SBIR Grant Values to Jump for Phase I and II"
Genome Web Daily News, April 2, 2010
- "Forming a High-Tech Company"
Nixon Peabody LLP, 2008
- "Perfecting the Pitch"
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, 2008
- "Finding the Right Structure for Your Business"
Optics & Photonics News, May 2007
- "Key Points to Know About SBIR"
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC)